Structural Design Engineer
Structural Design Engineer designs structures that must endure stresses and pressures inflicted through human use and environmental conditions. He configures structures, chooses appropriate building material, inspects the construction work, and ensures the structural soundness of buildings and structures.
- Prepare reports, designs, and drawings.
- Make calculations about pressures, loads, and stresses.
- Consider the strength of construction materials and select appropriately.
- Provide technical advice on safe designs and construction.
- Obtain planning and/or building regulations approval.
- Analyze configurations of the basic components of a structure.
- Liaise with professional staff such as architects and engineers.
- Monitor and inspect all work undertaken by contractors to ensure structural soundness.
- Administer contracts and manage projects.
- Inspect properties to evaluate the conditions and foundations.
- Use computer-aided design technology for simulation purposes.
Education & Experience
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in structural engineering.
- Excellent knowledge of construction methods and regulations.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and related engineering software.
- Previous experience is required.
- Communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Creative thinking
- Excellent presentation abilities