Site Manager prepares sites prior to the commencement of construction work (sets out the site and organizes facilities), plans projects and ensures that they meet agreed specifications, budgets and timescales and to oversee building work.
- Liaising with clients and reporting progress, professional staff (such as architects and surveyors) and the public.
- Supervising contracted staff.
- Meeting subcontractors.
- Making safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety.
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings.
- Maintaining quality control procedures.
- Motivating the workforce.
- Problem solving.
- Using special construction management computer applications.
Education & Experience
- An appropriate degree in construction management or civil/structural engineering
- Theoretical and practical site management knowledge
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience in construction
- Knowledge of construction processes
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Strong communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Team work skills
- Ability to motivate people
- Management and leadership skill
- Problem solving