Senior Mechanical Engineer
7-10 years of experience
Senior Mechanical Engineer delivers mechanical engineering design solutions to clients across a wide variety of projects. He is involved in the day to day design and management of projects.
- Design and specification of all Mechanical Building Services systems – heating, cooling, ventilation, controls, etc.
- Carry out (& managing of others), in the production of detailed calculations using industry standard digital tools.
- Prepare technical specifications and drawings.
- Participate in meetings with clients and contractors.
- Monitor site surveys, inspections and site works.
- Maintain complete records and archives to company standards.
- Adhere to all quality, environmental & governance processes.
- Manage own workload, updating forward plan of workload regularly & working to time allocations.
- Manage elements of project delivery and an understanding of budget costings.
- Review progress, inc. reporting any anomalies and changes of scope.
- Help & assist with technical development of junior staff.
Education & Experience
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in mechanical engineering
- Understanding of how the BIM process applies from start to finish of the project
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, and related engineering software.
- Previous experience is required.
- Communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Creative thinking
- Excellent presentation abilities
- Leadership and management skills