Mechanical Engineering Department Head
Head of Mechanical Department holds the responsibility to lead a mechanical engineering and design team for project success. Coordinate and liaise with stakeholders on all project’s related budget, managerial & structural design decisions during the project’s life cycle.
- Review and coordination of mechanical engineering design submittals, as well as following up site supervision, design conflicts and variation orders from the client.
- Review technical submissions and design layouts.
- Lead the team of mechanical engineers by delegating work according to project priorities, technical challenges and contractual milestones.
- Plan and maintain project budgets and schedule planning activities with team and managers.
- Attend and lead progress & technical meetings, discuss and suggest technical proposals.
- Take part in project and risk management reviews.
- Coordinate between the construction and contractors’ engineering teams ensuring that all requirements are conveyed clearly and delivered upon.
- Coordinate with quantity surveyors or payment appreciations and change orders.
- Review and approve the shop drawings, material submittals with respect to the project specification and standards of practice.
- Support review of subcontractors’ invoices, when required for technical assistance.
- Documenting project issues/conditions.
- Monitoring, coaching and developing mechanical engineering team members.
- Maintaining organized and detailed project records.
Education & Experience
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, and related engineering software.
- Previous experience is required.
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Creative thinking
- Excellent presentation abilities