Mechanical BIM Engineer
Mechanical BIM Engineer designs mechanical and plumbing systems of data centers, utilizing Revit to create and maintain BIM models. He must be able to work independently and work within a team environment to accomplish assigned tasks. This includes working with internal groups as well as external suppliers and consultants, manufacturers, vendors, and contractors.
- Assist project lead in preparing calculations and construction documentation.
- Attend project coordination meetings with architects and other disciplines.
- Produce Revit models coordinated with architectural and structural designs.
- Use Autodesk Revit tools to present design and engineering solutions.
- Research, plan, design and develop building engineering systems, including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing and electrical, in strict consultation and coordination with project lead.
- Perform engineering evaluations, feasibility studies, conceptual and final design, cost estimates, and engineering calculations.
- Document all designs in accordance with requirements of design practice manuals.
- Manage own continuous development and support the development of colleagues.
Education & Experience
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in mechanical engineering
- Understanding of how the BIM process applies from start to finish of the project
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, and related engineering software.
- Previous experience is required.
- Communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Creative thinking
- Excellent presentation abilities