Junior architect assists architects in the preparation of plans and specifications for the construction and/or alteration of buildings. It is distinguished that the Architect independently prepares plans and specifications for construction and/or alteration of buildings.
- Performing original design work utilizing specifications, sketches and ideas on developing designs.
- Designing space utilization effectiveness and changing demands for space needs; recommending actions to meet new requirements.
- Compiling data for comprehensive facilities use and feasibility data to be used for planning, improvement and long-range planning.
- Compiling data for architectural plans, specifications, cost estimates, reports, etc.
- Assisting in conducting preliminary studies of proposed projects to obtain information as to space and design requirements, obtaining measurements and making sketches preliminary to the preparation of drawing.
- Preparation of design development drawings.
- Assisting in developing and/or coordinating development of detailed working drawings and specifications after approval for project has been obtained.
- Preparation of “record” drawings on completion of construction.
- Assisting in preparation of layout and draws preliminary sketch of project to present to client.
- Making presentations for various groups, including the Board of Directors, corporate clients and private interest groups, as required.
- Providing support to Architects and management staff.
Education & Experience
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in architecture
- Knowledge of the design process and experience helping to develop full sets of architectural construction documents and their component parts – details, schedules, etc.
- Knowledge of related software
- Previous experience is preferred but not required
- Communication skills
- Team work
- Creative thinking
- Excellent presentation abilities
- Management and leadership skills