Electrical BIM Engineer
3-5 years of experience
Electrical BIM Engineer designs electrical systems of data centers, utilizing Revit to create and maintain BIM models. He must be able to work independently and work within a team environment to accomplish assigned tasks. This includes working with internal groups as well as external suppliers and consultants, manufacturers, vendors, and contractors.
- Assist project lead in preparing calculations and construction documentation.
- Attend project coordination meetings with architects and other disciplines.
- Produce Revit models coordinated with architectural and structural designs.
- Use Autodesk Revit tools to present design and engineering solutions.
- Research, plan, design and develop building electrical engineering systems in consultation and coordination with project lead.
- Perform engineering evaluations, feasibility studies, conceptual and final design, cost estimates, and engineering calculations.
- Document all designs in accordance with requirements of design practice manuals.
- Manage own continuous development and support the development of colleagues.
Education & Experience
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in electrical engineering
- Understanding of how the BIM process applies from start to finish of the project
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, and related engineering software.
- Previous experience is required.
- Communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Creative thinking
- Excellent presentation abilities